Two Rivers Housing, a social housing provider in the Forest of Dean, has taken delivery of its first Citroën vans.
The new vans, which replace a mixed fleet of leased and short term hired vehicles, will be used by Two Rivers Housing’s home-based technicians who provide maintenance services for its 4,000 homes in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire.
Two Rivers Housing has specified all of its new Citroën vans in Polar White paint. The Relay 35 Crew Cab dropside truck has a single cab, tool pod and dropside body. Supplied by Warners of Cheltenham, a Citroën Business Centre, the new vans have been acquired on 4-year/60,000 mile Automotive Leasing contract hire agreements.
Remco Kroese, Two River Housing’s Head of Contract Services, comments, “While complying with procurement legislation, Citroën was the top manufacturer out of a field of three. Nemo, Dispatch and Relay vans are ideally suited in size and carrying capacity to meet our range of operational requirements. At the same time they provide low whole life costs and high levels of driver comfort and safety.”
Founded in 2003, Two Rivers Housing provides affordable homes in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire. It is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, with a £21 million turnover and 4,000 properties of various sizes and styles of social housing.
The Citroën brand:
Citroën harnesses creative flair and technology to enhance well-being. Since 1919 Citroën has made a major contribution to putting cars within reach of the general public, providing practical and purposeful answers to the questions arising in each era. Citroën cars today place a premium on design, comfort and useful technology. With 10,000 customer contact points and presence in over 90 countries, Citroën sold 1.2 million vehicles worldwide in 2015. The brand has also amassed eight manufacturers’ titles in the WRC and two Manufacturers’ FIA World Championship titles from the 2014 and 2015 WTCC seasons.
About Two Rivers Housing
Good quality homes are essential to the wellbeing of every community, helping to promote harmony, security and prosperity.
‘Creating great homes and supporting communities’ lies at the very heart of our existence as we aim to provide places people can afford and are proud to live in, plus a range of services to residents and the wider community that help to build safe and successful neighbourhoods.
The rent on a Two Rivers home is typically 20% less than a private landlord would charge, making it a more affordable option for many – particularly important in a rural area where employment prospects are limited, wages are low and transport and living costs can be high.
Our homes are a mix of modern and traditional properties that meet current standards of heating and insulation, and benefit from a rolling programme of refurbishments and upgrades. Energy-efficiency and sustainability are key features.
But that’s not all we do.
- As a registered charity we don’t have any shareholders, so any surplus money available at the end of the year goes straight back into funding more homes, services and communities.
- We support neighbourhood initiatives and local groups, helping them to provide community amenities, cafes, play areas, woodland walks and gardens, for example.
- We support community regeneration projects that bring people together to promote prosperity and wellbeing through achieving new skills and qualifications, finding work and setting up business opportunities.
- We have two subsidiary businesses called Centigen Facilities Management and TwoCan property sales and lettings agency, providing services to ourselves and external clients, and gifting all profit to Two Rivers Housing to invest in homes and services.
- We use local suppliers and contractors wherever possible to support those who live and work in the area and reduce the miles travelled and, therefore, our carbon footprint.
- We run an active – and award-winning – apprenticeship programme to train young people for careers in office skills, construction and craftsmanship.