KWIK FIT TARGETS COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SHOW 2016 AS MAJOR OPPORTUNITY TO INCREASE FLEET VAN SECTOR GROWTH
Kwik Fit, the UK’s largest automotive repair company, will once again be using the Commercial Vehicle Show as a platform to promote its capability to serve the UK light van sector to the marketplace.
In recent years, Kwik Fit has increased its penetration of the light van sector notably as a result of extending its reach into the vehicle servicing and MoT segment as well as building on its long-established reputation as a major provider of traditional fast-fit services. This year’s Commercial Vehicle Show is once again being held at the NEC in Birmingham, from April 26-28.
Kwik Fit fleet director Peter Lambert said: “The Commercial Vehicle Show is the shop window for commercial vehicle operators and at the event four years ago Kwik Fit launched its improved service to light commercial vehicle fleets, small business, sole traders and the retail market.
“Since then demand for Kwik Fit’s light commercial vehicle tyre fitting proposition and expanded range of mechanical services has increased significantly, particularly as the number of vans on the UK’s roads continues to rise rapidly.
Kwik Fit’s investment to cater for the requirements of light commercial vehicle operators means it provides a comprehensive one-stop range of services to the sector that includes:
- Availability in centres of a wide range of premium, mid and budget priced light commercial vehicle tyres
- Specialist light commercial vehicle equipment in its more than 600 UK centres – the largest network of any fast-fit provider
- The ability of the vast majority of the centre network to accommodate light commercial vehicles, including the growing number of hi-roof, long wheel base models as well as car derived vehicles, while making details of those centres and their specific facilities available to customers
- Capability at many centres to undertake MoTs on Class 7 vans – those over 3000 kg up to and including 3500 kg DGW (design gross weight) – as well as MoTs on Class 4 vehicles, which includes LCVs up to 3000 kg DGW.
- Centres ‘tooled up’ with a range of equipment including, five-tonne axle stands, wheel clocks, extensions bars and tyre cages to undertake work on the largest vans
- Additional light commercial vehicle training for staff.
The catalyst for much of the light commercial vehicle growth has been the opening of Kwik Fit Plus centres, located chiefly in the South East of England, where one team of fully trained staff delivers traditional ‘fast-fit’ solutions and a second team delivers mechanical services.
The original network of 20 Kwik Fit Plus centres is gradually being increased as Kwik Fit parent company Itochu Corporation recognises that more fleets and small businesses are using the centres for light commercial vehicle service, maintenance and repair jobs notably to keep vehicle downtime to a minimum by taking advantage of outlets’ seven-day-a-week opening as well as price competitiveness.
Mr Lambert said: “The increasing volume of mechanical work being undertaken at Kwik Fit is from both leasing companies and outright purchase fleets.
“Fleet manager and driver confidence in Kwik Fit’s ability to undertake mechanical work on vehicles in addition to traditional fast-fit work continues to grow rapidly and we expect that trend to continue.”
About Kwik Fit
The Kwik Fit Group is the largest independent automotive parts, repair and replacement specialist in Europe and one of the largest in the world.
Kwik Fit has national UK coverage of more than 600 service centres and 200 mobile tyre fitting vehicles, making it the UK’s leading tyre, exhaust, brake and MoT specialist. The Group, which includes Kwik Fit Netherlands, as well as the UK operation, was established in 1971 and is now owned by the Japanese Itochu Corporation.
Kwik Fit Fleet is a major supplier to many of the country’s leading contract hire and leasing companies and outright purchase fleets.
The fast-fit company’s status as the corporate sector’s number one supplier for its comprehensive one-stop shop of fast-fit services is underlined by the fact that it has won more than 80 industry and customer awards in its 28-year history.