ICBR 2017, the next top quality congress in battery recycling, will take place from 20-22 September 2017 at the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa in Lisbon, Portugal.
Organised by ICM AG, the ICBR is the international platform for discussion of the latest developments and challenges in battery recycling, bringing together many decision makers in the industry such as battery producers, recyclers, collection schemes, policy-makers, and transport companies.
Over 200 international experts will discuss and present the following topics:
- Safety aspects with lithium primary and lithium rechargeable batteries
- The development of battery technology
- Urban mobility: The gate to e-mobility?
- Update of the review of the Batteries Directive 2006/66/EC
- Energy storage: Opportunities for a second use of batteries?
- Energy storage and e-mobility: Complementary technologies?
- Economic aspects of collection or take back schemes
- New trends in battery recycling technologies: primary and rechargeable
- Eco-design: A critical approach to batteries removability
- International developments in battery collection and recycling
- Safety aspects in the end-of-life value chain
An exhibition area is integrated into the congress facility, where vendors meet their clients. A cocktail reception and networking dinner at the Palácio do Conde D’Óbidos create a convivial atmosphere for attendees to meet business partners, colleagues and clients.
On Friday, 22 September 2017, the congress is organising a workshop about “Why the Carriage of Waste Batteries Can Be Dangerous!” and a plant tour to Ambigroup Reciclagem SA, a leading recycling company.
Furthermore, the participants will have the opportunity to test drive the BMW i3 and i8 during the congress.
For more information: www.icm.ch/icbr-2017