Brake, the road safety charity, has announced the speakers for their upcoming fleet safety webinar, ‘Vehicle procurement for safety – active safety systems‘. This webinar will inform attendees about new devices and vehicle features that can have a significant impact on fleet safety.
The full agenda and speaker line up for the webinar, which is sponsored by National Vehicle Distribution, includes:
- The main features of active safety systems and the current technology available, including intelligent speed assistance, autonomous emergency braking, lane departure warning and electronic stability control – Laurence Atchison, Policy Officer at European Transport Safety Council
- Choosing the safest vehicles – ADAS technology saves lives and prevents injuries and should be standard on all vehicles – John Pryor, National Chairman of ACFO
- Detecting people outside the vehicle: collision avoidance systems, including a case study – Phil Hibbard, Sales Manager UK at Mobileye
- How can telematics be used to monitor and support drivers, including a case study – Alix Edwards, Automotive Researcher & Data Team Leader at TRL
- The minimum standards that organisations across the world should demand and adopt to ensure that they can procure the safest vehicles – Niall McNally, Senior Executive at National Vehicle Distribution Ltd.
The webinar takes place on Tuesday 27 March 2018. Attendance is free, and you can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or booking online.
“It is vitally important that fleet operators keep engaged and up to date with the latest advances in vehicle safety systems and utilise the benefits of emerging technologies. This webinar will provide helpful advice for any organisation requiring their employees to drive for work, and I would encourage anyone involved in managing occupational road risk to sign up to find out more.” – Ross Moorlock, Business Development Director at Brake
Niall McNally, Senior Executive at National Vehicle Distribution Ltd. said: “New safety technology in vehicles has the potential to revolutionise the safe transport of goods. Fleet operators however need to use and operate the technology to its fullest potential. This webinar will discuss the challenges involved along with potential solutions.”
For more information and to register: www.brakepro.org/uncat/384-active-safety-systems-webinar