When you consider what a municipal authority fleet of vehicles has to do, it’s easy to understand what a complex job it is to select the right tools for the right job, and to acquire and maintain them. Of course the cost of doing so is of paramount importance in these days of tight budgets.
For many of the main tasks a council faces the choice is clear:
- For collecting household waste purchase a fleet of RCVs and a fleet of kerb-side recycling vehicles
- To transport staff purchase a fleet of mini-buses.
- To transport equipment purchase vans and small tippers.
- For winter maintenance purchase gritters
But what about everything else?
- What about maintaining parks, cutting verges and trimming hedges?
- What about de-icing areas where larger gritters and ploughs cannot access?
- What about keeping pedestrian precincts and car parks, clean, clear and weed free?
- What about repairs to damaged roads?
- What about clearing gulley’s and drains in areas where most vehicles can’t access?
- What about pumping out floodwater?
- What about general yard duties i.e. shifting pallets?
- What about essential work that needs to be done off-road, in wooded areas or paths, walkways, cycleways, busways and narrow bridges?
- What about keeping highways clear and clean through sweeping and litter collecting?
What about doing all of this, and much, much more with one compact multi-purpose vehicle?
The Multihog concept is proven to be very simple, hugely effective and cost-efficient, with over 100 units in operation and over 200,000 hours’ worth of experience in the UK alone.
Multihog UK supply a range of compact, robust, hydraulically operated vehicles which come in a range of sizes, with an impressive power output of 75-120HP.
All Multihog’s are road legal, therefore can travel independently to and from site at a speed of 40km/hr, with the MX model range equipped with Stage IIIB (Euro 5 equivalent) Deutz engines.
The units have a 4 wheel hydrostatic drive, 2 stage differential lock and articulated design, allowing them to travel anywhere, carrying with it easily mounted and de-mounted equipment which enable it to become virtually anything, including: a road repairer, grass cutter and collector, suction sweeper, winter warrior, flood water pumper and chemical free weed controller.
One innovative vehicle capable of outperforming a whole fleet of single-purpose built machinery. One compact, manoeuvrable, powerful and robust vehicle which can be equipped with a range of more than thirty easy demountable attachments which can be deployed to almost any task, very easily and very quickly.
Every council fleet faces demands on its resources, the Multihog presents what is probably the most cost effective way of building flexible efficiency into that fleet’s capabilities.
“The Multihog’s versatility and manoeuvrability made it a very attractive proposition and we were impressed with the quality of manufacturing. The beauty of the Multihog is that it is never likely to sitting idle whatever the time of year.”
Increasing Application, Enhancing Efficiency
Multihog UK cater for every eventuality with short and long term hire opportunities available, whilst the vehicles list of capabilities continue to grow with latest attachments including: a micro trencher, lighting column harvester, easily demountable chemical free weed controller, runway light cleaner and glycol collector.
This innovative attachment is capable of operating with front mounted brushes or can be modified to operate with the Patch Planer attachment.
Key features include:
- 1.5m³ capacity heavy duty reinforced stainless steel hopper hopper and 400 litre water tank
- 900mm sweeper brush diameter with a maximum sweeping width of 2500mm
- Operating speed of 0-10km/h
- Dumping height of 1700mm
- Wander hose facility
- Demountable attachment which could bereplaced with a High Capacity Gritter, De-Icer, Sprayer, or Chemical Free Weed Controller.
“The Multihog Suction Sweeper is better than any sweeper we have previously used. The attachment has a very powerful suction performance and is able to consistently sweep and collect, with good dust suppression, whilst the wander hose facility is more than capable for the job”
Tom Carter, Highways Operator,
To hear more about the unique units capabilities and for an opportunity to see a unit in action call 01254 703212 or email email@example.com
For more information: www.multihog.co.uk